Special Projects for Juniors or Seniors

Special projects set up by the student in an area of particular interest with the help of a faculty adviser and the director of undergraduate studies, intended to enable the student to cover material not otherwise offered by the department. The course may be used for research or for directed reading, but in either case a term paper or its equivalent is normally required. The student meets regularly with the faculty adviser. To apply for admission, a student must submit an application and prospectus signed by the faculty adviser to the office of the director of undergraduate studies.

Students must apply in the previous term; deadlines and instructions are posted at https://english.yale.edu/undergraduate/applications-and-deadlines.

Application Form

Undergraduate Course #: